You may wonder what academy governors do. To put it simply, governors are responsible for oversight of the whole academy. We need to make sure that:
- Money is spent effectively for the benefit of the children in the academy;
- Children are safe from harm, abuse and exploitation;
- Children can learn and make good progress;
- Children with special needs are not disadvantaged;
- The academy listens to the needs of its community; and
- Staff are recruited and managed well.
The academy management team run the academy from day to day while the governing body must challenge and support them in doing this.
Some governors are academy staff, some are parents and some are appointed by the local authority or the governing body to provide the skills we need.
Astrea Trustee Membership
Please click the link below for further information on Trustees